When people see you out and about, what kind of eyes follow you? Whether we are using canes, wheelchairs, scooters, or our struggling legs, we are constantly being watched.
These are eyes that I see on a regular basis.
1. Guilty eyes: "There but by the grace of God goes I"! They are very empathetic eyes that watch you very carefully. With each glance they feel guilty that you are having difficulties with everyday life while they are not.
2. Ignoring eyes: These eyes have spotted you, but they do anything they can not to look your way. It's as if they are thinking, if I don't see it, it won't happen to me.
2. Curious eyes: These are mainly the eyes of children. Being curious brings about questions and that brings about acceptance. Every time someone asks about my disability I take the time to explain my dilemma. I love to talk about it!
4. Prayerful eyes: Those are the eyes who look your way and start sending prayers to God for healing. Those eyes are so special!
5. Worried eyes: These eyes are so kind, but they are so scared you are about to take a tumble! They are so concerned about your every move that they stay close until you leave the area. Very sweet and muchly appreciated!
Those are a few of the eyes I see as I maneuver around my world.
What kind of eyes gaze upon you?